Okay. Here’s a disclaimer: I am a proud member of both Rihanna Navy AND the Beyhive. Yes, you can be a part of both. I’m not going to lie, I am always skeptical of when a celebrity branches out of their nice. Like, stick to what makes you money, honey. BUT. Rihanna. Rih. Oh, my girl. She knocked it out the park with Fenty Beauty. Seriously. I have a lot of her products and I must say, it is part of my daily routine. Here are my thoughts on everything I’ve purchased. Sit back and relax, this will be a long one.
- The first item I bought when Fenty first came out was the Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Illumumizer. I remember I woke up so I could snag it online at Sephora before it was sold out. After my first gloss came in, and it was restocked, I ordered another. I have two (maybe three) rolling around in different purses. I reach for it when I want something natural and glossy.
- It took me a while (okay, a few months) to finally purchase the Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored. I’ve always loved Rihanna’s red lip and searched high and low for something similar before Stunna Lip Paint came out. I wore MAC’s Ruby Woo for a while, but it was way too matte and would make my lips really dry. I heard good reviews about this one and finally purchased it during the Sephora Sale. If you want a good red lip with a matte finish, I’d go with this one. To be honest, I just threw out Ruby Woo. Sorry, not sorry.
- Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is a mouthful, but I LOVE this foundation, and I have another bottle on standby. I have always had a little trouble finding a foundation. Either it’s too yellow, too red, too greasy, not matte enough – whatever. I prefer a matte finish and wear a mattifying primer as well, but it’s not super matte. I know some people who wear it and prefer to be dewy and just add Cover FX highlighting drops to give it a little boost. I personally give this foundation a 20/10 🙂
- Body Lava, and Fairy Bomb add that shimmer and with summer finally here, who doesn’t wanna sparkle in the sun. The body lava did make me breakout just a little, but I put it in an area where I am a little sensitive (my chest – I was trying to be extra), so if you are sensitive in those areas, I would not put the lava there (haha). The Fairy Bomb is fun, but the lava is good enough to give a glow.
- Everyone who knows me, knows I am obsessed with highlighter. If there is anything I have more of than lipstick, it’s a highlighter and the Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo is on repeat for me. I have this highlighter in Ginger Binge/Moscow Mule and it is a bronzy pink. I like to use it as a blush topper as well to give it a little glow. I actually shattered this highlighter and sat there trying to put it back in the pan to preserve it. I had to let it go and repurchase it, but it’s definitely worth it.
- Okay, so I know I’ve said, “I LOVE this” a bunch, but there were a few items that I either need a different shade of or didn’t care for and those are the Match Stix Trio and Precision Makeup Sponge. I love a good contour but the trio was a miss for me because of the colors. Now, all I have to do is purchase the stix individually to get my perfect color, so it’s not a color availability issue. But the colors in the deep shades were too dark for me and tan was too light so, there’s that. And to be frank, I just prefer a beauty blender of the makeup sponge. That’s all there is to that.
- Lastly, I just bought the Summer Nights Iridescent Lip Luminizer Trio cause who doesn’t want lipglosses called Snake skin, Mermaid Thighs, and Vacray? Those names just sound like summer.
I have linked all of these products below for you, so if you have been considering trying some of the newer Fenty products, go for it! If you have some Fenty products you think I should try, leave your recs down below in the comments! I look, forward to reading them all!